Friday, August 5, 2011

It's getting hot in here.....

Well... not really... It's been rainy and cloudy, just how I Like it!!, but we still have some really hot-burning days courtesy of Mr. Summer, so Thank you! (not!)

While I was catching up with some of my old fav blogs I realize how some of them are writing about Patbingsu 팥빙수

Raspado
According to Wikipedia: Patbingsu or patbingsoo (팥빙수) is a popular shaved ice dessert in South Korea, especially during the sweltering and humid summer season.

The equivalent in Mexico will be a Raspado or a Snow Cone in the US.... only in Mexico we are very creative and end up adding a bunch of things into the Raspados....which is why I thought about the Patbingsu/Raspado comparison...



I've read about Patbingsu a lot lately because apparently is a MUST in the Hot summer in Korea... I ofcourse didn't try this since I went in the freakin' Cold
winter last year....

Patbingsu usually contains Shaved Ice, Milk, sweet beans (paste?), ddeok (Rice cakes), fruits ans sometimes cereals, at first the combination of Shaved Ice and milk might not be
very appealing but once you think about it... it's like getting a Raspado with Lechera

For some weird reason I feel like I should try this... not because I'm really into the ICE/MILK/Sweets combination, but because I like to try new things.

I've found some weird combinations (at least on pics!)...
Like this one: 
Everything is OK except the Cherry tomatoes O_O

Apparently BK has Patbingsu for sale as well

         
This one looks really good.... don't you think?

Anyway... just felt like posting something for the summer :)
Does anyone in Mexico knows where can I find Patbingsu??????????

-Gisela V.

No comments:

Post a Comment