Friday, May 11, 2012

My Top 7 Korean Dramas

Lately I've had some time troubles to sleep so when that happens...what do you do at 12am???... Watch Dramas!!!, if you are new here you might not know that My interest in Korea started after seen "My name is Kim Sam Soon", after that my mom bought the DVD's of "Dae Jang Geum /  대장금"  and to be honest I wasn't very into this one (I still don't love it.... sorry!) but she would make me watch it and that's how I learned a little bit about the Joseon Dinasty and after that I didn't really watch any other Drama so when I went to Seoul people would ask me about Dramas and I felt awkward when I was only able to mention those 2.... 

So, here's my Top 7 Korean Dramas! 

#7 He is beautiful! / 미남이시네요

Ko Mi-Nyeo & Ko Mi-Nam (both played by Park Shin-Hye) are twin brother and sisters. They grew up in an orphanage and never knew their parents. As a young adult, Ko Mi-Nyeo is set to become a nun and her twin brother Ko Min-Nam, who just joined the band "A.N.JELL", was seriously injured and sent to America to recover and so she has to impersonate her brother until he recovers, she falls in love with  A.N.JELL's vocalist Hwang Tae-Kyeong who soon realizes that (He/she) is a Girl. Ko Mi-Nam is pretty funny and by the end of the show the other 2 members of the band feel attracted to him (her), with all the mess and them feeling attracted to a boy it makes for a funny show to see plus it's only 16 episodes :) 

# 6 Scent of a Woman / 여인의 향기 
I found this one because the Kim Sun A  (My name is Kim Sam Soon) is also the main character here and after watching the 1st episode I got hooked up because she finds out she has Cancer :( so she decides it's time for a change, quit her job and decides to travel and spend all ther savings in all those things she always wanted but couldn't afford because she was saving her money to buy her mom a house....  It broke my heart but it has a nice ending :) 


# 5 Personal Taste /  개인의 취향
Well...this one has Lee Min-Ho so what else can I say? haha 
Jin-ho Jeon (Le Min-Ho)  is a very stylish young man with the perfect looks, self-centered and obsession with cleanliness. Jin-ho Jeon then comes across Gae-in Park, a woman hurt by love (Her fiancé marries her Best friend) and is now looking for a gay roommate/friend. Jin-ho wanting to live in her house then pretends to be a gay male since he want's to gather more information about her house (made by her father -A famous architecht). 
I honestly only watched it at first because of him...I mean... he is cute isn't he? 


# 4 Secret Garden / 시크릿 가든

As you have noticed most of the times I watch a Drama because there's either someone I like (Aka Mr. Min-ho) or because there's someone I "know" (aka Kim Sam Soon's and Boys Over Flowers actores hehe), and this one is not the exception because the main character is Hyun Bin. 
Kim Joo-Won (Hyun Bin) is the typical Rich, smart and good looking guy, his family owns a luxurious Department store and is the cousing of the famous singer "Oska". Gil Ra-Im (A stunt woman) is taken by Kim Joo Won to Oska on his request (Actually he was supposed to take the main actress of a movie but took Gil Ra-Im by mistake), Gil Ra-Im and Oska get along pretty well and Kim Joo Won gets jealous (There's out love triangle!), this one is 20 episodes long but it's not boring at all, so if you like Hyun Bin I totally recommend this one. 



# 3 City Hunter / 시티헌터 
Again with Lee Min-Ho!, this is very different to Boys over flowers or Personal Taste, in here he is very manly and well trained to kill, his setpfather is looking revenge against five high ranking South Korean officials who 2o-something years ago killed all of this team mates while they were on an operation in North Korea. Lee Yoon-Sung (Lee Min-Ho) starts working at the Blue House for the National Communication Network Team, on top of looking for his stepfather's revenge he has to secretly take care of Kim Na-Na (on the request of Le Yoon Sung's personal cook and friend)...Oh!! and also he has to find is lost mother!!!! If you are into action this is the drama you are looking for! 




# 2 Boys Over Flowers / 꽃보다 남자

Who dosn't know this Drama???... seriously?, most people I know who's into Korea knows this Serie, 4 "pretty" rich and powerful boys who terrorize their school get trouble when they meet Geum Jan-Di (a girl from a poor family who is admited into the same school as the F4 (that's how they are called) after rescuing a guy who's being tormented by the F4, she is only admitted on a scholarship to shut the press, at first the F4 tries to take it on Jan-Di but she is not someone to mess with but then the 5 of them become friends and she acomplishes way more that she expected thanks to  Yun Ji-Hu (Hyeon-jung Kim) who's the "misterious" guy of the group. 

and... finally... # 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup yup!! You guessed it... My name is Kim Sam Soon / 내 이름은 김삼순 

I just LOVE this one, I can watch it over and over again.
Kim Sam Soon is a 29 year old who just got her heart broken, after that she gained weight and on top of that she didn't go to college, dosn't own a car, a house and is still living with her mother, she then meets Hyun Jin-Hun (Hyun Bin) a pretty-rich-smart guy who owns a French restaurant and is looking for a Baker. Hyun Jin then remembers he had met Kim Sam Soon before... on the day she was dumped by her ex-boyfriend and start playing with her a little bit but that stops when his restaurant is getting ready to offer a wedding party hos Hyun's friend and turns out the Groom is Kim Sam Soon's ex-boyfriend.... I really like this one because 1st she bakes (and I love baking), 2nd she is super funny and 3rd Hyun Jin and Kim Sam Soon make a very cure couple...so if you haven't seen this one...well... what are you waiting for????? I know for sure I will re-watch it soon! as soon as I finish the other 3 I'm currently watching :$ (addict much?... well.. at least now I know 5 extra korean words!! lol) 



In case you are wondering... I'm watching Rooftop Prince, Fashion King and Feast of the Gods. 

Well....I hope you like my Top 7, if you have any recommendations please leave me a comment as I'm always looking for a good drama to watch :) 

-Gisela V. 


No comments:

Post a Comment