Friday, January 25, 2013

The Suck Up Project: Mr. XXX-Kisser

On my last trip (to Italy) I got to watch several movies since I was seating appart from my sister, I mostly watch TV shows in long flights but this time I ended up watching a Korean movie, the Tittle catched my attention and decided to give it a shot.

The Suck Up Project or Mr. XXX-Kisser is a pretty new movie, it was released on June 2012 (I watched it on December), the producers are Kim Jin-Young and Choi Tae-Young, it was Directed by Jung Seung-Gu and was written by Kim Sun-Young (Is it just me, or those are a lot of Young's? kkkk).

Anyway, the movie is a Drama/Comedy about Insurance worker Dong-Sik who learns the skill of "flattery" from THE master of Flattery Heo Go-Soo (Played by Sung Dong-Il - *Answer me 1997*), all this to become the King of Flattery of Insurance salesmen and pay his family debts.

Dong-sik has a hard time when he is transfered from the Insurance company Headquarters into the Sales Department, he tries to learn the secrets of Insurance Sales but in such a competitive enviroment no one wants to share their secrets, he then starts following the Top sales agent of the office and notices something weird, he has different personalities with each of his customers and one good day he finds a book belonging to the TOP sales agent and turns out this book was written by Heo Go-Soo, after some research he manages to find Heo Go-Soo and asks him to train him in the art of Flattery, of course Heo is hesitant and does not want to do it until he realizes the determination Dong-Sik has and he decides to take him as his apprentice.



Dong-sik then starts dealing with a Rich man who ends up being the brother of the Loan sharks whom Dong-sik's family owe money andwho by the way is Married to Dong-sik's ex-girlfriend.....

There you go, I gave most of the movie out (Sorry!), this is not THE best Korean movie, but it was a fine 2hour entertainment inflight :)

Just in case, here's the Trailer.


-Gisela V.

No comments:

Post a Comment